[publican-list] Updating to publican 1.2 using yum command line gives repo error

Jared Morgan jmorgan at redhat.com
Wed Nov 25 23:09:54 UTC 2009

Hello list

I didn't want to raise a bug for this, because it might be a configuration error at my end.

When I updated to publican 1.2 this morning, I noticed that the publican f11 repo path at download.bne.redhat.com repo seems to be inaccessible.

yum found the 1.2 package in an alternative repo, but I thought it was worth sending to the list.

I get this error:

Total download size: 396 k
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
http://download.bne.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/11/i386/publican-1.2-0.fc11.noarch.rpm: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
publican-1.2-0.fc11.noarch.rpm | 396 kB 00:02
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded

I navigated to http://download.bne.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/11 and then clicked on the i386 directory, but it took quite a while to open the directory. I wonder if yum is getting a timeout? I also confirmed that the publican-1.2-0.fc11.noarch.rpm does not exist in this directory.

Any clues what might have happened?

Cheers

Jared