[publican-list] Adjusting copyright information

Jeffrey Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Mon Oct 5 23:47:44 UTC 2009

Hi, an update on the remaining two issues raised.

Mikhail Gusarov wrote:
> Twas brillig at 10:13:33 26.08.2009 UTC+10 when jfearn at redhat.com did gyre and gimble:
>
>  JF> I removed this as I checked some other README files and none
>  JF> contained copyright clauses.
>
> [..] cool, thanks.
>
>  >> datadir/Common_Content/*: no copyright/license information
>
>  JF> hmm that content is all GFDL license, anyone know if I need to
>  JF> specify this per file or can I do it in one place?
>
> IANAL, but this can be specified in single file, like
> Common_Content/common/README: "all the data in this directory is under
> GFDL", but better check with your legal department.

Rudi is talking with the legal people about this, we expect a separate
update message shortly.

>  >> datadir/fop/fop.xconf: Apache-2 license, no copyright
>  >> information. Probably (c) 1999-2008 The Apache Software Foundation
>  >> as taken from fop.
>
>  JF> Maybe we should rewrite this file?
>
> Only if you want a single license. IMHO, it's ok to have this file
> (except, Apache-2 requires LICENSE and NOTICE files in top of source
> tree).

I rewrote this file, which also removed a lot of un-required stuff, so
it can be covered by the package license.

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>
Software Engineer