[publican-list] is publican-1.99 available to play with under ubuntu?

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Tue Jun 1 23:12:44 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 02:42 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2010, Jeff Fearn wrote:
>
> ... snip ...
>
> > Nice, I yoinked the complete dep list and updated the README file :)
>
>   help yourself, except a slight nitpick -- that list was collated on
> ubuntu, not debian.

Sure, but as far as packaging things goes Ubuntu is Debian in a fancy
brown suit ... I'm sure I'll regret saying that sooner or later ;)

>   and an additional nitpick -- i can't claim that
> it's the *full* list of deps, only what i was forced to install as i
> was trying to build.  more accurately, i'd describe it as a *minimal*
> list of requirements, that's all.

I grok, but it's much better than what we had. We don't lose anything,
and at worst we will add missing deps as they get raised. Major win from
my perspective, so thanks mate :)

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>
Software Engineer

Sure our competitors can rebuild the source but can they engage the customer the same way? -wmealing