[publican-list] 1.99: translation(?) to SA drops </ulink> end tag

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Jun 2 12:16:10 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Jeff Fearn wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 02:33 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > On Tue, 1 Jun 2010, Jeff Fearn wrote:

> > > There are a couple of patches required to upstream modules:
> > > https://fedorahosted.org/publican/#Patchesforrequiredpackages
> > >
> > > This sounds like the HTML::TreeBuilder bug.
> >
> >   hmmmmm ... speaking from a position of massive ignorance, i'm
> > not quite convinced.  the diagnostic specifically identifies the
> > error with:
> >
> >   at /usr/lib/perl5/XML/Parser.pm line 187
> >
> > so wouldn't that represent XML parsing, not HTML?
>
> This is due to inheritance, XML::Element is a sub class of
> HTML::Element. The input it processed via XML::Element, which picks
> up as_XML from HTML::Element, which has the bug of dropping trailing
> tags in optionally empty tags. This output is then fed to
> XML::Parser which barfs due to the missing close tag.

  gack ... i get the feeling that this ain't gonna happen for me.  i'd
dearly love to be able to check out and build this on my ubuntu system
but if it requires patches that are yet to be pushed upstream into
other packages, that might be asking a bit much.

  if anyone has advice in terms of a workaround, i'm all ears.
otherwise, i think i'm stuck.

rday