[publican-list] --lang vs --langs

Jeffrey Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Thu Jun 10 22:33:14 UTC 2010

Jaromir Hradilek wrote:
> On 06/10/2010 05:49 PM, Jaromir Hradilek wrote:
>> On 06/10/2010 03:35 PM, mhideo at redhat.com wrote:

>>> Feel free to submit a patch :-)
>>
>> See the attachment! ;-) (Created by typing `diff publican/bin/publican
>> publican/bin/publican.orig > publican.diff' in the root directory of the
>> publican's latest SVN snapshot.)
>>
>> However, I didn't have much time to really familiarize myself with the
>> source code, so there is probably a smarter way to do this.
>
> Well, the smarter way would be to add the alias directly to the
> Getopt::Long options, and then make all functions use the same form, but
> I did not want to disturb the semantic distinction between the singular
> and plural forms in the code.

Since they parameters do not actually do the same thing ATM, your patch
needs to include:

A: Changes to the Publican::* modules to handle the option they don't
currently support, either lang or langs, they only handle one ATM.

B: Test cases to prove your changes work.

C: Update the documentation

A involves either adding an extra parameter to the functions and making
sure one of them is supplied, or modifying bin/publican to convert from
between lang and langs as required.

B involves adding new parameter combinations to publican/t/900.publican.t

C: Update the POD and maketexts in bin/publican and the User Guide.

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>
Software Engineer