[publican-list] <abstract> within chapters (and sections)

Jeffrey Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Wed Mar 10 21:34:02 UTC 2010

Ruediger Landmann wrote:
> On 03/10/2010 02:05 PM, Jeffrey Fearn wrote:
>> Darrin Mison wrote:

>>> Would different text formatting for <highlights> be doable ?  I want
>>> to ensure that people recognize it as a distinct and complete entity
>>> from the rest of the text.
>> Just about anything is doable with a good suggestion for how and some
>> cider!
>>

> <highlight> definitely seems better for what Darrin's describing.
>
> As for markup, I'd suggest indenting on both sides and maybe a border
> around it, or a light-coloured background, or both. (example of "both"
> attached)

You will note your example is an excellent example of my point about
poorly titled chapters/sections ... is this deliberate?

I looked at a few of the books I have here, and the few that have this
kind of introductory text, none of the better ones do, none mark it up
differently that the rest of the body text.

Wish we had and experienced editor to chime in here.

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>
Software Engineer