[publican-list] Publican 2.4 is coming

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Wed Nov 24 03:08:01 UTC 2010

Hi all;

the bug fixes and enhancements are piling up in the Publican trunk, so
we anticipate releasing Publican 2.4 on Monday 29 November.

The changes to expect in this new release are described in the bugs
marked "MODIFIED" in the list of open Publican bugs.[1]

The most significant changes include:
* Allowing users of Publican-generated websites to hide the left-hand
navigation pane -- probably our most-sought-after enhancement at present
(BZ#650037)
* Fixing the version splash page icons (BZ#647338)
* Allowing for customization of desktop menu entries for
Publican-packaged books (BZ#647352)
* Preventing packaging PDF versions of books in languages in which we
know PDF support is currently not working (BZ#655713)
* Fixing a bug which mangled HTML file names if the file names contained
non-ASCII characters (BZ#648126)
* Fixing a bug which mangled website tables of contents on systems where
the terminal language was not American English (BZ#656139)

Cheers
Rudi

[1] http://tinyurl.com/2w7xmgj