[publican-list] RFE for Publican Brands

Jeffrey Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Mon Oct 11 23:04:56 UTC 2010

Darrin Mison wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 16:31 +1000, Jeff Fearn wrote:
>> On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 02:13 -0400, Misty Stanley-Jones wrote:
>>> How do we go about getting someone in Middleware some credibility? Surely it is not such a scarce commodity that it can't be spread around a bit. I think we'd like a hand in the look and feel of our docs, if we can ever build up the credibility.
>> Credibility is earned not given, who in Middleware will stand up and
>> earn some?
>>
>> How is it earned? I've never thought about it. It is an interesting
>> question though, how does one earn credibility in a meritocracy?
>
> AFAICT generally by contributing work, and having those with credibility
> accept your work.

Well true, but I would like to make sure we don't end up with a
completely arbitrary environment, and the only way to do that is to get
some processes or documentation in place about who to contribute for
different things.

e.g.

If you have recommendations for a brand then make a new brand, apply
your changes, build a book, maybe a set book, with the new brand and
distribute for comment.

If you have a suggestion for better release documentation, make a page
on the wiki with an example of how it should be done. Maybe pick an
existing release and document that.

I'm sure there are heaps of other ways to contribute that people would
find easy to join in if we documented them.

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>
Software Engineer