[publican-list] RFC: Modified JBoss brand (was Re: RFE for Publican Brands)

Joshua Wulf jwulf at redhat.com
Wed Oct 13 01:17:54 UTC 2010

When I read messages in Thunderbird with HTML view turned on, "responded
to" text is indicated exactly the same way: with a vertical bar. I can,
and do immediately skip over it (if I am already following the thread)
to get to the reply text.

It's a subtle visual cue that I wasn't even aware of consciously, but
was subconsciously using all the time.

It rose to conscious awareness after a subconscious processor flagged it
as "recently discussed" and brought it to conscious attention.

We want our visual styling to be *transparent*. That is: subconsciously
processed, and invisible to the conscious mind.

At the moment it's very much trying to grab conscious attention, and
there is just not enough of that to go round.