[publican-list] Possible alternative to FOP!

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Tue Aug 23 04:46:26 UTC 2011

For people who'd like to test this tool I have made some F15 packages,
be aware that wkhtmltopdf-qt package is 17MB, the source rpm for same is
133MB!

i686:

http://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/wkhtmltopdf/f15/i686/wkhtmltopdf-qt-4.7.1-1.git20110804.fc15.i686.rpm

http://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/wkhtmltopdf/f15/i686/wkhtmltopdf-0.10.0_rc2-1.fc15.i686.rpm

x86_64:

http://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/wkhtmltopdf/f15/x86_64/wkhtmltopdf-qt-4.7.1-1.git20110804.fc15.x86_64.rpm

http://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/wkhtmltopdf/f15/x86_64/wkhtmltopdf-0.10.0_rc2-1.fc15.x86_64.rpm

The source rpms are in those directories in case anyone wants to rebuild
for other versions of Fedora, RHEL, etc.

Once installed, just cd in to a directory containing a html-single build
and run:

$ wkhtmltopdf index.htm test.pdf

Then view test.pdf.

If you have a very recent build from branches/publican-2x then publican
will detect wkhtmltopdf is installed and will use wkhtmltopdf instead of
fop when building a PDF.

We haven't changed any other logic, so installing publican from scratch
won't pull in wkhtmltopdf, and the logic preventing Indic packages
shipping PDF's is still in place.

Cheers, Jeff.