[publican-list] Possible alternative to FOP!

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Thu Aug 25 23:27:17 UTC 2011

On 08/23/2011 02:46 PM, Jeff Fearn wrote:
> For people who'd like to test this tool I have made some F15 packages,
> be aware that wkhtmltopdf-qt package is 17MB, the source rpm for same
> is 133MB!
>

> i686:
>
> http://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/wkhtmltopdf/f15/i686/wkhtmltopdf-qt-4.7.1-1.git20110804.fc15.i686.rpm
>

> http://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/wkhtmltopdf/f15/i686/wkhtmltopdf-0.10.0_rc2-1.fc15.i686.rpm
>

> x86_64:
>
> http://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/wkhtmltopdf/f15/x86_64/wkhtmltopdf-qt-4.7.1-1.git20110804.fc15.x86_64.rpm
>

> http://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/wkhtmltopdf/f15/x86_64/wkhtmltopdf-0.10.0_rc2-1.fc15.x86_64.rpm
>

> The source rpms are in those directories in case anyone wants to
> rebuild for other versions of Fedora, RHEL, etc.
>
> Once installed, just cd in to a directory containing a html-single
> build and run:
>
> $ wkhtmltopdf index.htm test.pdf
>
> Then view test.pdf.

The QT part is also building in Koji [1], so I'll look at getting this
shipped in Fedora too! :)

Thanks Jeff, I'm very much looking forward to dropping FOP if we can!
I'm not yet convinced that this approach is any *more* maintainable than
FOP, but I'm very confident that it's at least no *less* maintainable;
and the greater arches and functionality make this change a no-brainer IMHO.

Cheers
Rudi

[1] https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=3300174