[publican-list] [Fwd: Re: r1722 - in trunk/publican-fedora: . .tx]

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 22:44:40 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 14:57, Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com> wrote:
> Just to clue people in on what has actually happened.
>
> Fedora infrastructure has been running an instance of Transifex for some
> time. This installation has been plagued by terrible performance and an
> almost complete inability to maintain or upgrade it. AIUI almost all of
> these issues are related to the software itself.

There are several issues:

1) The service that Infrastructure currently runs is 0.7 and no longer
maintained.
2) Attempts have been made multiple times on upgrading it but usually
we fall out of volunteer time.
3) Alternatives were looked at but again we ran out of volunteer time on this.
4) We asked the L1ON team and various members said they would be happy
to move stuff up to transifex.net
5) I did not check with the other teams before we started on testing
this to see who might have a problem with this.

If there are legal concerns about this please bring them up with Fedora Legal.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren