[publican-list] Please help: conditional text works in reverse and ignores actual condition tags

Jessica [Hart] Tomechak niceredfrog at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 08:15:42 UTC 2011

Hello all, I have been using Publican to create html and PDF output for about 3 months. I can not get conditional tagging to work. When I add a condition: anything line to the publican.cfg, every XML element in my book that has any condition="whatever" attribute is EXcluded from the document.
For example, my publican.cfg might contain this:
condition: v1.1
And my XML files might contain these:
<section condition="v1.1"> ... </section>
<phrase condition="comments"> ... </phrase>
When I build the file, both the section and the phrase are omitted from the output. This occurs no matter what value I assign to condition in publican.cfg, whether it's a comma-delimited list, whether it includes dots or underscores, whether it's enclosed in double quotes, or whether the value is omitted entirely, like this:
condition:
...if the condition: line is present, all conditional-tagged content is omitted, regardless of the actual conditional tag value. This occurs when using Publican on Windows and on Ubuntu.
Any advice would be much appreciated.