[publican-list] Indexterm causes line throw in generated pdf.

Norman Dunbar Norman at dunbar-it.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 08:27:07 UTC 2011

Morning Misty,

> The bug linked by Josh is marked as fixed and verified. Norm, can you please verify which version of Publican you are running? If you are running a newer version than the one the bug says is fixed, this could be a regression, and the bug needs to be reopened.
publican -v returns version=2.5. I'm running on Fedora 14, 64 bit in a
VirtualBox VM.

The bug report mentions that Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 is available
and has fixed the bug. I have Scientific Linux 6.0 running in another VM
and it reports publican as version=2.1.

Both versions show the line splitting that I reports. However, the bug
linked to seems to be referring to problems in the po files, not in the
generated pdf. Is it really the same thing?

I've checked for all bugs in Publican with indexterm mentioned, there
appear to be 4 in total, and all of them seem to relate to tranlsations.

I *think* the problem lies within pdf.xsl. There is a template commented
as being copied in from index.xsl from Docbook XSL version 1.72. It has
the <fo:block> stuff added in two places which is not in Docbook XSL
version 1.75 plus the test on $axf.extensions in Publican is different
from that in Docbook which checks both $axf.extensions and $fop1.extensions.

If I comment out the two <fo:block> lines in pdf.xsl, it works as I
wish, but I have no idea of what other changes that will cause.

HTH

Cheers,
Norm.

--