[publican-list] Newbie Questions

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Tue Nov 15 07:23:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011, David Jorm wrote:
> Or you could use Fedora. I think the majority of Publican users are
> running Fedora, and it is by far the best-supported distribution for
> running Publican.

Please... publican runs very well on Debian/Ubuntu too. The reason why 2.8
is not yet in Debian/Ubuntu is because docbook-xsl is lagging behind
and the required version is not yet there. I have to prod the
maintainer...

If you want to build the latest version of the Debian package, you can do
so with git-buildpackage using this git repository:
git://git.debian.org/collab-maint/publican.git
http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/publican.git

epub support will be broken due to the too old docbook-xsl but the other
output formats will work fine.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer