[publican-list] Inline tags within verbatim environment

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Wed Nov 23 07:32:45 UTC 2011

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011, Jeff Fearn wrote:
> For me this raises a larger issue, should Publican be interfering
> with the source XML at all?
>
> XmlClean exists for two historical reasons, neither of which still
> exist. Migrating old html/sgml content to XML, enforcing certain
> standards are met.

Oh, interesting, I thought it was partly also related to the
"standardization" required to generate strings for PO files. But if it's
something different, then I support its removal. It's best to not
interfer with the source XML when it's not required.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

liberate it: http://debian-handbook.info/go/ulule-rh/