[publican-list] publican-list Digest, Vol 42, Issue 15

Norman Dunbar Norman at dunbar-it.co.uk
Sat Sep 24 07:10:25 UTC 2011

Morning Rob,

> Sorry for the ignorance here, but how would I go about updating my Publican 2.7 installation to version 2.8 on my Fedora 15 client? I see the link to the source tarball, but I am not sure how to upgrade.

If there are no RPMs ready yet, download the tarball, extract it, then
follow the instructions in README under "Q. How do I build publican from
source". For Fedora it says:

     cd publican
     $ perl Build.PL
         if this complains about missing deps,  on Fedora 10+, and RHEL
6, run
         $ yum-builddep publican
     $ ./Build rpm

I'm not a Fedora user myself so good luck!

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar