[publican-list] Creating a custom XSL for a brand

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Mon Aug 6 07:48:39 UTC 2012

On 08/06/2012 04:58 PM, Sebastien Denis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> New user to both Docbook and Publican, I am trying to write a small
> documentation using both, but I am stumbling above a problem which is
> probably just a newbie mistake. I created a brand with Publican to
> customize some elements of the documentation (images and entities). I
> want to create a custom XSL for the HTML output. I created it in this
> directory:
>
> mybrand/en/xsl
>
> And then:
>
> sudo publican install_brand --path /usr/share/publican/Common_Content/
>
> Unfortunately my custom XSL is nowhere to be found, at least not in
>
> /usr/share/publican/Common_Content/mybrand
> /usr/share/publican/xsl
>
> How can I create a custom XSL for a brand with Publican ? I have
> Publican 2.1 and Centos 6.3 as a distro.
>
> Thanks.

$ cd mybrand
$ mkdir xsl
$ gvim xsl/html.xsl

<?xml version='1.0'?>

		version='1.0'
		xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
		exclude-result-prefixes="#default">

<xsl:import
href="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/xhtml/docbook.xsl"/>
<xsl:import href="../../../xsl/html.xsl"/>

... more xslt magic

:wq

$ publican build --formats=xml --langs=all --publish
$ sudo publican install_brand --path /usr/share/publican/Common_Content/

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>
Acting Supervisor