[publican-list] About the index produced under Publican

Mark Miesfeld miesfeld at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 02:07:34 UTC 2012

Hi,

Our project is switching over to use Publican to produce our docs.
Previously we built the docs using jade.

We have several reference manuals that are rather large with a lot of
entries in the index.  Say, 30 pages in a PDF doc.

In our old builds, in a PDF doc, in the left-hand pane there would be
a + symbol to the left of "Index" and when you clicked to open it, it
would expand to a list of bookmarks starting with symbols and then
going A B C etc.

So if you want to look up "parsing" in the index you could click on
the P and see all the indexes that started with P and it was easy to
find parsing.

Under our build using publican, for the same doc, we still  the Index
bookmark in the left-hand pane, but it has no + and no list of
bookmarks for A B C etc..  When you click on the index bookmark you
are on the index page and there is the heading Symbols, you page down
a ways and there is the A heading with the A indexes following, and so
on.  Each letter A B C etc is there in the font and style of heading,
but there is no bookmark to quickly get to the P.

With a lot of indexes, it is now very hard to find parsing.

We're just starting with this, and don't have a clue as to how to get
the A B C etc bookmarks back in the Index section.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

--
Mark Miesfeld