[publican-list] Publican 3 brand woes

Joshua Wulf jwulf at redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 05:26:48 UTC 2012

My Publican brand, publican-redhat-video, doesn't work properly on the docs stage with Publican 3.

It worked ok locally and on the stage with Publican 2. Now it works ok locally, but does not work on the stage.

If you take a look at:
http://documentation-devel.engineering.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_MRG/2.2/html-single/Messaging_Programming_Reference/index.html#sect-Handling_Exceptions

and look at the javascript console (in Chrome: hit Ctrl-Shift-I, then select Console), you can see the following errors:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://documentation-devel.engineering.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_MRG/2.2/html-single/Messaging_Programming_Reference/Common_Content/css/modernizr.js
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://documentation-devel.engineering.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_MRG/2.2/html-single/Messaging_Programming_Reference/Common_Content/css/jquery-1.4.2.min.js
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://documentation-devel.engineering.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_MRG/2.2/html-single/Messaging_Programming_Reference/Common_Content/css/code-lang-switcher.js
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://documentation-devel.engineering.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_MRG/2.2/html-single/Messaging_Programming_Reference/Common_Content/css/skynet-book.js
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://documentation-devel.engineering.redhat.com/docs/en-US/toc.html
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://documentation-devel.engineering.redhat.com/docs/common.css
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://documentation-devel.engineering.redhat.com/docs/overrides.css
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://documentation-devel.engineering.redhat.com/docs/lang.css
Uncaught ReferenceError: skynetBookLoad is not defined /docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_MRG/2.2/html-single/Messaging_Programming_Reference/index.html#chap-Beyond_Hello_World:10
onload /docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_MRG/2.2/html-single/Messaging_Programming_Reference/index.html#chap-Beyond_Hello_World:10

all the files from the en-US/css directory of my brand are missing on the docs stage.

For example: when built locally, the file Common_Content/css/code-lang-switcher.js is present from my brand, and loads from this line in the book's html:

<script src="Common_Content/css/code-lang-switcher.js"></script>

When published to the stage via brew, that file is not present.

The docs stage has a -web version of the brand package installed.

Any pointers on how Publican 3 web brands differ from the Publican 2 ones, and how I might fix this?

- Josh