[publican-list] How can certain warnings be turned off?

Mark Miesfeld miesfeld at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 14:56:05 UTC 2012

Hi,

Our project is switching over to publican and I'm having trouble with
the <link> tag.  I want to turn these warnings off:

*WARNING: Questionable tag found: link
        Undesirable tag -- use xref for internal links or ulink for
external links.
        Consider not using this tag

I'm no DocBook expert, but I don't see anywhere that says link is not
a valid tag.  What I see is that there are two types of tags, those
that are empty and those that provide their own text.

In the book I work on, I need to provide my own text at each link.
It's a big book with a lot of links.  I have "considered not using
this tag" and after a lot of consideration, I've decided that I want
to use this tag.

I want to turn the warning off.  Processing spits out so many of these
warnings that legitimate warnings are masked.  How do I go about doing
that?

Thanks.

--
Mark Miesfeld