[publican-list] I have problem reading formatted EPUB files on android.

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Sat Dec 1 05:21:33 UTC 2012

Hey list,

I am using FBreader on android to read the fedora docs.
In the system administrator guide there is a part with colored code like
this:
3.2. Pull-quote Conventions
Terminal output and source code listings are set off visually from the
surrounding text.
Output sent to a terminal is set in mono-spaced roman and presented thus:

books        Desktop   documentation  drafts  mss    photos   stuff  svn
books_tests  Desktop1  downloads      images  notes  scripts  svgs

Source-code listings are also set in mono-spaced roman but add syntax
highlighting as follows:

package org.jboss.book.jca.ex1;

import javax.naming.InitialContext;

public class ExClient
{
    public static void main(String args[])
        throws Exception
    {
       InitialContext iniCtx = new InitialContext();
       Object         ref    = iniCtx.lookup("EchoBean");
       EchoHome       home   = (EchoHome) ref;
       Echo           echo   = home.create();

       System.out.println("Created Echo");

       System.out.println("Echo.echo('Hello') = " + echo.echo("Hello"));
    }
}

where the java code has highlighting for words.

first question is what EPUB reader are you using in PC\desktop?
And if you do use it on android devices what reader are you using?

I have tried couple.
Most of them will show the colored part uncolored while only one showed
it in color but the format lost which was something like this:
##start
package org.jboss.book.jca.ex1;    import javax.naming.InitialContext;
public class ExClient   {      public static void main(String args[])
      throws Exception .......
##end

The best reader I have seen for android yet is FBreader but it wont show
these colors.

Thanks,
Eliezer