[publican-list] sortable lists, esp. glossaries

Fred Dalrymple fdalrymple at redhat.com
Fri Feb 10 15:58:12 UTC 2012

Hi Peter --

If I'm reading your post correctly... You're saying that simply invoking a locale-specific collating sequence during publishing (i.e., with no additional collating clues provided) may produce results acceptable to each locale?

Unless anyone knows otherwise, it sounds like that hypothesis is worth testing: select/create a source document with enough collating edge conditions, format locale-specific versions, and have the results reviewed by locale-skilled readers.

If it works, obviously it's a lot easier than building a new solution...

Thanks --

Fred