Re: [publican-list] PDF Indices

On 01/26/2012 02:49 AM, Norman Dunbar wrote:
Does anyone use indices in their pdf documents? Do you use page ranges
for any entries?

I'm using these just now in a fairly large document I'm creating and
I've noticed that setting up an index page range, as follows, gives
strange results.

Example:

At the beginning on a page range, add the following indexterm:

<indexterm class="startofrange" id="StartOfPTR">

At the end of the range, put this indexterm:

<indexterm class="endofrange" startref="StartOfPTR">

When the index is generated, you get something like

Whatever 10-22, 22

The page number for the end of range is added in as a separate single page.

If no-one has seen this, I'll log it as a problem.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Norm.

Hi Norm, I'm unaware of anyone using this functionality, so it's probably never been vetted. Please open a bug and include how you think it should work.

Cheers, Jeff.