[publican-list] Common Content with Sets

Kendall Moore kendall8688 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 22:37:51 UTC 2012

Hello Publican users,

I'm currently stuck trying to do something I would have guessed to be a
simple task.  I have a set of two books, and some of the content for them I
would like to be shared between the books.  I created a directory for the
common content (at the same level as the directories for the two books) and
put the XML files which contain sections in it.  Now, when I try to use an
xi:include to grab these sections in each of the books, I get an error
trying to run publican with the '--formats=test' option.  The issue seems
to be that some of the tags inside of these common files have IDs, and each
book attempts to import the IDs into its own namespace but fails to do so
because the IDs aren't unique. Specifically, the error(s) look like the
following:

../common/<some_xml_file>:6: validity error : ID <some_id> already defined

If I remove all of the IDs from these common files then there is no issue,
but unfortunately that is not an option for me.  I link to the pieces with
IDs other places by way of xrefs and need an ID to do so (or at least
that's my understanding).

Any help on the subject is greatly appreciated!

--
Kendall