[publican-list] RHEL 6 packages for publican 2.8 and 3.0.0

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Thu Nov 8 20:03:40 UTC 2012

On Thu, 08 Nov 2012, Norman Dunbar wrote:
> I don't suppose there are any other FO->PDF converters around that
> could replace fop? My problem is that I'm a Database Administrator
> and not a Perl developer, so looking at Publican's source is not a
> helpful thing for me to do. I can follow some of it, but then I lose
> the plot!

There's dblatex which can do Docbook -> LaTeX -> PDF. I believe that
dblatex can fullfill al the requirements of Publican even support for
non-Latin languages provided that we use the right options and LaTeX
implementation (i.e. xetex instead of the default pdftex).

At some point I might find the time required to add a dblatex backend
in Publican... the upstream author of dblatex is also very supportive
in case we have specific requirements.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/