[publican-list] Publican 3.2 is now out!!! Get it now!!!!!!

Mark Miesfeld miesfeld at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 18:31:49 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 12:33 AM, Zac Dover <zdover at redhat.com> wrote:

> We are happy to announce the release of Publican 3.2!

Will there be a rpm to install the built version of 3.2.0?  And where
should I watch for it?

I know where to find the source for the various versions,

https://fedorahosted.org/releases/p/u/publican<https://fedorahosted.org/releases/p/u/publican/Publican-v3.2.0.tar.gz>

but for an end-user that just wants to upgrade my system to use 3.2.0 to
produce my document project, an install rpm is just so much easier to deal
with.

I tried building from source.  The read me just has:

RHEL/Fedora
    cd publican
    $ perl Build.PL
        if this complains about missing deps,  on Fedora 10+, and RHEL 6,
run
        $ yum-builddep publican
    $ ./Build rpm

After fixing all the dependencies, I then end up with:

Created MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json
Creating new 'Build' script for 'Publican' version 'v3.2.0'
[miesfeld at Raven Publican-v3.2.0]$ ./Build rpm
Cleaning up build files
can't open POD file at
/home/miesfeld/work/wc/publican/Publican-v3.2.0/_build/lib/My/Builder.pm
line 191.
[miesfeld at Raven Publican-v3.2.0]$

So, as I said, for end users an install rpm is much less of a headache.

--
Mark Miesfeld