[publican-list] Publican Tools to organise Chapters and sections names automatically

David O'Brien daobrien at redhat.com
Mon Aug 18 14:27:36 UTC 2014

Fred,

A couple of different error types there:

1. ID chap-linux_book-Test_Chapter already defined

Errors like that mean you have more than one ID of the same value in
the same book. IDs need to be unique.

2. Element listitem content does not follow the DTD

Errors like that mean you haven't provided valid content for the xml
tags that you've used. The most telling part of the message is often
at the end, in this case "got ()" which means you used a <listitem>
tag but didn't put anything in it.

To fix 1. you need to track down all your IDs and make sure they're
unique. For my own part, I use "publican clean_ids" but that's quite
invasive and not for everybody. It does, however, ensure all your IDs
are unique (at least, it hasn't failed me). Read the doc before you
use it, and maybe test on a backup copy.

To fix 2. you  need to make sure you use valid content in all your
elements. Some editors can help with that if they do DTD validation
for you.

Hope this helps
David