[publican-list] Publican 4.0 released!!! Get it now!!!!

Norman Dunbar Norman at dunbar-it.co.uk
Sun Jan 26 13:55:05 UTC 2014

Hi Rudi,

On 21/01/14 03:50, Ruediger Landmann wrote:

>> /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2/Syntax/Highlight/Engine/Kate.pm line 621.
>> LibXSLT: error coming back from perl-dispatcher in pm file.
>>         'xml' is not a valid language for highlighting.
>>  at /usr/lib/perl5/XML/LibXSLT.pm line 81.
>>

> Hi Norman -- Jeff is out for a few weeks, but this error means you need
> a version of Syntax::Highlight::Engine::Kate that's patched for
> case-insensitivity: https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=84982

Thanks very much. As I may have mentioned, I'm not a perl or CPAN guru,
so I had a few troubles getting this sorted. However, in the end, this
worked, hopefully it's an ok way to do this:

1. Go to the web link supplied by you and download the patch file. Saved
it as /Downloads/Kate.patch.

2. cd
~/.cpan/build/Syntax-Highlight-Engine-Kate-0.08-yQ4J4o/lib/Syntax/Highlight/Engine

3. patch -p0 <~/Downloads/Kate.patch

It applied and no errors were reported. I checked the Kate.pm file, and
the changes had been applied. So far so good.

4. sudo cpan -r Syntax::Highlight::Engine::Kate to recompile. Of course,
I needed to install perl-doc and then read the manual of CPAN to find
that out!

5. Sat back with a glass of fine cider. Jeff would approve I think! ;-)
Waited for the recompile etc to complete.

6. Back in my Publican 4.0 source directory, tried another ./Build test.

7. I seem to have exactly the same error:

t/910.publican.Users_Guide.t .. # Testing bin/publican on the Users_Guide
t/910.publican.Users_Guide.t .. 3/5 undefined language: xml at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2/Syntax/Highlight/Engine/Kate.pm line 621.
LibXSLT: error coming back from perl-dispatcher in pm file.
         'xml' is not a valid language for highlighting.
  at /usr/lib/perl5/XML/LibXSLT.pm line 81.

  at
/home/norman/SourceCode/Publican_4/Publican-v4.0.0/blib/lib/Publican/Builder/DocBook.pm
line 949.
t/910.publican.Users_Guide.t .. 4/5

:-(

However, it seems to be using /usr/local/share rather than my own local
copy that I patched. Whenever I have to do anything CPAN, I use "sudo
cpan install whatever" and looking in ~/.cpan I can see that the various
directories and files are owned by root and not by me.

If I do do a cpan install as myself, without the sudo, I do see the
files and directories owned by me.

Looking into the above file in /usr/local/share I see that it's the old
unpatched version, but it does list xml as being valid, so the error is
not even consistent with what passes for Perl source code! ;-)

I'll have another go next weekend when I'm back from work again.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Norm.

--