[publican-list] Web publishing with Publican 4

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Mon Mar 24 15:53:46 UTC 2014

First of all, let my say "kudos!" for the Publican 4 release.  It's been
really solid for me, and I'm very happy to be using it.

That being said, I'm having some serious problems with web publishing with
Publican 4, and I'm not alone.  This past weekend, the Fedora Documentation
Team and I tried to stand up a new server to use Publican for publishing
the Fedoras documentation on the web, and even with all the smart people
around the tables (both in Raleigh and in Brno, joined by a video link),
none of us were able to get anywhere close to a working system.  The
instructions in the users guide (either doing manual installation or
installing via RPMs) don't seem to work, and result in a system with
missing javascript files and a number of other issues.

Is there someone that can walk me through setting things up, step by step,
on a RHEL 6 machine?  If so, I'd be happy to write up documentation and
submit patches for the users guide.

--
Jared Smith