[Pulp-dev] Pull Request builder job changes for plugins

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Sun Jun 4 16:03:30 UTC 2017

After thinking about this more, I realized that for the remainder of Pulp2
at least, we need to have the plugin unittest runner test against the
nightly version of core and not the latest GA. Using the GAs won't work
because not only is the 'I need unreleased code from platform' a problem
with the PR that needs it but also a problem for all subsequent PRs after
its merged. That second part makes using GA core as the basis for plugin
testing probably a non-starter. Assuming that, the next step for 2751 is to
update the GA urls to be the "stable nightly" URLs.

We also need to look into the nightlies to check on their reliability. In
theory, each night an "unstable nightly" of core gets built nightly in
Jenkins, tested with pulp-smash, and if all tests pass it gets "promoted"
to a separate URL for "stable nightlies". Let me know if we should move
this to another thread, but I've got these questions about nightlies.

1. Who investigates when the "unstable nightly" fails to build?
2. Who investigates when a "unstable nightly" fails to be promoted to a
"stable nightly" due to pulp-smash failures?
3. Who is in charge of maintaining these Jenkins jobs over time and are
they currently maintained?
4. Who is in charge of managing the directory structure on
repos.fedorapeople.org?
5. Where are the docs on ^?

With Pulp3 I think we can switch to using the latest GA as the basis for
plugin testing which would be better in several ways.

-Brian