Currently, we access content units at paths like /api/v3/content/file/. This works great if your plugin has a single content type that corresponds to the name of the plugin.
In pulp_ansible though, we have multiple content types (roles, role versions, etc) so we’ve opened an issue  we need feedback on. I’d like to outline the proposals on the issue and get feedback.
## Proposal 1
Use /api/v3/content/<plugin>/<type>/ for all plugins.
- Consistent across plugins
- Can add content types later without problems
- Restful. You’re acting on files, roles, etc
- A bit awkward in the case of single content plugins (/file/files)
## Proposal 2
Use /api/v3/content/<plugin>/ for single content plugins and /api/v3/content/<plugin>/<type>/ otherwise.
- Shorter URLs for single content type plugins
- Already what we’re using
- Inconsistent across plugins
- Plugin writers can paint themselves into a corner (e.g. I have a single content plugin that implements /api/v3/content/rpm/ and I want to add a new content type like erratum)
## Proposal 3
Use /api/v3/content/<plugin>/ for single content plugins and /api/v3/content/<plugin>-<type>/ otherwise. Basically the same as proposal 2 but with hyphens instead of nesting.