Re: [Pulp-dev] pulp 3 distributor use cases

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 10:30 AM, Dennis Kliban <dkliban redhat com> wrote:
Distributors are only used for exporting Publications out of Pulp.

Distributions make Publications available to consume via http(s) at /content/relative/path/of/distribution/. Each Publication can be associated with any number of Distributions.

You lost me a bit here getting into distributions. I think I want to be able to export the same repository to two separate published locations.

Say I have a repository A. I want to make repository A available at the following paths:

https://myserver/pulp/repos/Acme/Dev/Version_2/
https://myserver/pulp/repos/Acme/Test/Version_2/

Is that possible in the design?

The names are very similar, but perform different function. Perhaps Distributors should be called Exporters instead.

For me, either naming scheme works though perhaps for most exporters might click easier.