[Pulp-list] Pulp updates

Matthew Barr mbarr at communityconnect.com
Tue Aug 26 15:38:19 UTC 2008

>> a new component for Spacewalk (but can be used without Spacewalk)
>> to simplify and streamline the content synchronization process.
>> How does that sound?
>
> Sounds good with the exception of cobbler.. since cobbler seems to
> doalot of the same voodoo around repo management. Especially since I
> assumed that there would be some cobbler <- Spacewalk integration.
>
> I am asking because for the thincrust tooling we would like an
> appliance build environment which needs this fucntionality but would
> also benefit from the provisioning provided by cobbler. I am curious
> where the repo logic is, or if it will be extracted out to a higher
> level piece.

Hmm.. I'd love to see it as an option in Cobbler, too.  Let you select
repos for installation (like the current wget)  vs repo lines in the
kickstart.

This functionality could be used by cobbler to deal w/ repos,
especially ones that aren't mirrored.  I haven't really thought about
mirrored ones, but that would probably be helped, too.

Of course, a data store that is either network capable, separate from
Spacewalk, or filesystem based for NFS would be great.  I can see this
integrating into cobbler, and also into spacewalk.

Matthew

Matthew Barr
Community Connect  - Senior System Engineer
e:mbarr at communityconnect.com
c:347.682.8380
aim: matthewbarr1