Re: [Pulp-list] Pulp updates

Bryan Kearney wrote:
Máirín Duffy wrote:
Hi folks,

So Pulp has been on a hiatus for a while and I think it's about time we tried to revive the effort. To move forward, it's probably best to start small and simple with a limited scope. We put together a list of command line arguments that a simple command-line client that creates, mirrors, and removes repos (as well as add / remove / list packages in said repos):

https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/DevelopmentPlan

I asked around in #rhel and #pulp on freenode today for feedback and initial feedback on these commands was positive. Do you have any ideas or feedback on them - do you see any issues?

Also I put together a list of broad requirements that are more like a long-term roadmap. Right now the command line outline above should fulfill the first three on this list. Let me know what you think:

https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/Requirements

Do you have a nose-bleed level postioning for this project? I am trying to categorize it relative to

cobbler
pungi
spacewalk
jboss-dna
rhq

Even if it is a one liner such as

component of
competitor of
similar, but.....
no relation

That would be helpful

-- bk

a new component for Spacewalk (but can be used without Spacewalk) to simplify and streamline the content synchronization process.

How does that sound?

--
Mike McCune
mmccune AT redhat.com