Re: [Pulp-list] Pulp updates

Matthew Barr wrote:
It'd be nice to keep track of the groups file, and add that automatically to the createrepo command backend.

I'm not sure what data is stored, etc.. but we need to keep track of this already, when we deal w/ repos for cobbler.

Do you mean comps.xml? Are you manipulating comps.xml for dealing with cobbler repos? E.g. are you adding/removing custom packages / creating new package groups directly in comps.xml? Are there any tools available for doing this or you have to hand-edit the xml file?

It would be very nice to be able to set up yum repos easily on machines after build time...

Definitely. One idea we got from jimi_c in #rhel was to generate a package for each repo that you can go rpm -ivh http://yourpulpserver/foo/bar-repo.rpm that will lay down the yum repo file and perhaps install the repo's gpg key for you if need be. Would that sort of functionality meet your need here?