Re: [Pulp-list] Pulp updates

a new component for Spacewalk (but can be used without Spacewalk) to simplify and streamline the content synchronization process.
How does that sound?

Sounds good with the exception of cobbler.. since cobbler seems to doalot of the same voodoo around repo management. Especially since I assumed that there would be some cobbler <- Spacewalk integration.

I am asking because for the thincrust tooling we would like an appliance build environment which needs this fucntionality but would also benefit from the provisioning provided by cobbler. I am curious where the repo logic is, or if it will be extracted out to a higher level piece.

Hmm.. I'd love to see it as an option in Cobbler, too.  Let you select repos for installation (like the current wget)  vs repo lines in the kickstart.

This functionality could be used by cobbler to deal w/ repos, especially ones that aren't mirrored.  I haven't really thought about mirrored ones, but that would probably be helped, too.

Of course, a data store that is either network capable, separate from Spacewalk, or filesystem based for NFS would be great.  I can see this integrating into cobbler, and also into spacewalk.

Matthew

Matthew Barr
Community Connect  - Senior System Engineer
c:347.682.8380
aim: matthewbarr1