Re: [Pulp-list] Pulp CLI + Reposync Patch

This has been pushed to the public repo. Apologize for the delay and thanks for the contribution!

Devan Goodwin wrote:
Greetings pulp-list,

Attached is a patch (in mbox format for git-am) introducing the
beginnigs of a pulp CLI and a couple initial commands. It's still rough
around the edges, not using persistent data and not ready for system
installation.
Command line script is in scripts/ and I've been running it like so:

    (root elaine)[scripts] # PYTHONPATH=../ ./pulp repo --sync-all

Commands supported:

    pulp repo --list
    pulp repo --sync-all

There's only one repository hard coded currently (packagekit) for
testing purposes.

After running --sync-all you'll have a "utopia" repo in /tmp/repos/.

The generated config.repo file doesn't look right yet and I really don't
know what it should look like yet.

Some questions:

1. How do we want to support persistent storage of these repositories?
(i.e. pulp repo add stores data where?)

2. Does it make sense to have pulp CLI in the same project (or
ultimately RPM) as the pulp TG UI? Wanted to see what people thought of
this before attempting any kind of installation code.

3. Should pulp CLI configuration options (i.e. the REPO_STORAGE_PATH) be
configured in the TG configuration file or a new one that will most
likely end up in /etc?

4. Is the patch in this state suitable for pushing to master so others
can build on it or does some or all of the above need to be addressed
and first and then the whole shebang resubmitted?

Other work assignments now appearing so will have limited time to
address issues in the next little while but will attempt to do so as
much as possible.

Cheers,

Devan