Re: [Pulp-list] How about we just merge these core features into Cobbler?

Hi,

I've been an avid user of cobbler for a year or more, now, and we use it for repo management. It works well for what it does, but, naturally, there are functions we currently do by hand or by script that would be very convenient to have included. I definitely like the idea of a separately maintained repo management program that integrates with cobbler. I also think that having repo manage working properly is crucial to cobbler working properly. However, the idea of having a different interface that uses the cobbler api for more advanced features seems like a less than desirable solution.

Instead, I think what would make the most sense in the long run in the way of software architecture is for pulp to provide a solid api that is used by cobbler. This, however, would be added complexity for anyone developing the software and would likely require close oversight. Given that caveat, I think that such a design would provide better functionality and ease of development in the end.

Ben