Re: [Pulp-list] How about we just merge these core features into Cobbler?

Michael DeHaan wrote:
Máirín Duffy wrote:
Michael DeHaan wrote:
Máirín Duffy wrote:
I think we are stuck in metaphor land :)

(A) Making a new web app, possibly to be included with and/or replace parts of Spacewalk (B) Adding some repo management features that Cobbler can't do yet ... whether that be in cobbler or otherwise

So.. for the Appliance Developers Kit, I think that I want most of what is here:

https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/Requirements

without the Tracking/Accessing bits. I could look to Cobbler for this.,, or Pulp. I wonder if it makes sense to re-phrase the discussion to say that there is an api and daemo (wether based on existing pulp or existing cobbler) that does _only_ repo mirroring.

Then cobbler and spacewalk could be built on top of that?

Then, alot of the fancier stuff (
https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/WebInterfaceMockupsSystem) becomes part of spacewalk.

I think we are having issues because of the overlap of features (see attached). If we pull out the repo stuff (and only that) it may make it alot easier.

-- bk

JPEG image