Re: [Pulp-list] How about we just merge these core features into Cobbler?

Michael DeHaan wrote:

It seems there are two topics here, of which I am most interested in the second

(A) Making a new web app, possibly to be included with and/or replace parts of Spacewalk (B) Adding some repo management features that Cobbler can't do yet ... whether that be in cobbler or otherwise

Breaking it down this away upon further examination doesn't make sense to me. A is saying the new web app will possibly be included with or replace parts of Spacewalk essentially means it will be included with or replace parts of cobbler because cobbler is being added to spacewalk.

TBD. CobblerWeb isn't part of spacewalk presently, so it depends if it can do all that CobblerWeb can do. If it can, it can replace that, if it can't, CobblerWeb will still exist and not be leveeraged by Spacewalk

That makes sense.

I prefer to think about this in terms of user problems to solve, not project names / code bases / backends vs. UI.

This is definitely an implementation discussion, Pulp does not have an implementation, I'm offering up a place to start.

It's useless to have an implementation discussion without an idea of what it is you are implementing, Deciding what it is you are implementing and what it will do is very much a design process, into which actual user problems to solve are a key input.

~m