[Pulp-list] How about we just merge these core features into Cobbler?

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Fri Sep 12 20:36:40 UTC 2008

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Michael DeHaan wrote:
>
>> I've been discussing the requirements on the Wiki.
>>
>> https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/Requirements
>>
>> See my recent email where I address them one by one and talk about
>> how they could be implemented in Cobbler, or where Cobbler already
>> supports those ideas.
>>
>> None of them are all that technically challenging to add to Cobbler,
>> it would support them well to jumpstart development.   The big one is
>> probably is the resurrection of yumgate and to make that consumable.
>
> Okay, When you tell me "this is an implementation discussion" in
> response to me sharing my perspective, it just seems to me to be quite
> a bit more pointed (hopefull more than it was meant to be.)
>
> ~m

Codebases, where to start things from, I use this to mean
"implementation".   How to get this project off the ground, etc.

We already have good requirements, how do we launch things.  This whole
thread has been about using Cobbler as the point to start that and just
contributing there and evolving that, as we have the start of what we need.

--Michael