Re: [Pulp-list] Interesting python inspection

On 08/19/2010 12:55 PM, Jason Dobies wrote:

On 08/19/2010 12:55 PM, Jason Rist wrote:
On 08/19/2010 10:28 AM, Jason Dobies wrote:
PyCharm just flagged the following code with a warning (in particular
the consumerids argument)

def create(self, id, description, consumerids=[]):

Here's the warning:

"This inspection detects when a mutable value as list or dictionary is
detected in a default value for an argument. Default argument values are
evaluated only once at function definition time, which means that
modifying the default value of the argument will affect all subsequent
calls of the function. "

That's kinda cool, I never saw anything like that before.

It knows...