Re: [Pulp-list] client (alt) config

On 08/25/2010 07:38 PM, jdobies redhat com wrote:
Awesome. If I pass --server to pulp-client will it update the override or just the default one?

Looks like the --server updates the default (/etc/pulp/client.conf). Since the alt config is merged into the config object in memory, the merged (def + alt overrides) will be written to the default.

The override is really designed for developers so not sure why you'd use --server and specify and alt config. Seems like the --server is mainly intended for end users. That said, I guess it would make sense to write to the alt config instead when one is specified. That would continue to preserve the default config in you git checkout.

Sent from my iPhone