Re: [Pulp-list] client (alt) config

On 08/26/2010 08:43 AM, Jeff Ortel wrote:

On 08/25/2010 07:38 PM, jdobies redhat com wrote:
Awesome. If I pass --server to pulp-client will it update the override
or just the default one?

Looks like the --server updates the default (/etc/pulp/client.conf).
Since the alt config is merged into the config object in memory, the
merged (def + alt overrides) will be written to the default.

The override is really designed for developers so not sure why you'd use
--server and specify and alt config. Seems like the --server is mainly
intended for end users. That said, I guess it would make sense to write
to the alt config instead when one is specified. That would continue to
preserve the default config in you git checkout.

This made sense so I pushed the change. Now when the in memory configuration is updated (as with --server) and environment variable PULP_CLEINT_ALTCONF is defined, only the *alt* configuration file is updated. Only those sections/properties defined in the alt configuration are updated.

Sent from my iPhone