[Pulp-list] Restructuring proposal for /var/lib/pulp

Pradeep Kilambi pkilambi at redhat.com
Tue Aug 31 15:47:22 UTC 2010

I'm currently working on a task to make our packages globally unique across the pulp server. Meaning, we'll have one and only one package with same NVREA + checksum at a time and linked to multiple repos. For this I need to restructure our content directory a bit. This is my proposal,

Current Structure,

/var/lib/pulp/
             |_ ReopA/

             |_ RepoB/

Proposed New Structure,

/var/lib/pulp/
             |_Packages/checksum[:3]/*.rpm

             |_Repos/
                    |_RepoA
                    |_RepoB

Packages in RepoA and RepoB will be symlinks to Packages directory. Apache will now only expose /var/lib/pulp/Repos and not include Packages directory.

Considering this is kinda major change I'm  working off a branch and will see how stable it is before I merge it into this sprint. Overall change is gonna be to both grinder and pulp.

Lemme know if you have any concerns with this change,

Pradeep Kilambi
Red Hat Systems Management
pkilambi at redhat.com
Phone: +1 919 754 4285