Re: [Pulp-list] package metadata parsing refactor

On 07/07/2010 06:23 AM, seth vidal wrote:
On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 17:22 -0700, Mike McCune wrote:
Switched from using python's RPM bindings to reading the metadata out of
yum's primary xml information.

Unit tests are green and package upload works fine for me.  Let me know
if you have issues.

you mean out of the repodata. But if the repo is made by anything
resembling a recent createrepo it is not out of the xml - it's out of
the sqlite dbs. I only quibble b/c I want to try and stop referring to
the repodata as xml or sqlite or anything other than repodata so we can
transition off of any given format w/o a terminology change, too.

yes! sorry.  bad terminology.

Also - in your patch you call:

r.getPackageSack().someotherfunction()

you can just do:
r.sack.someotherfunction()

sack is a property so it will automatically get instantiated when you
ask for it.

nice, thanks for taking a look.

Mike