Re: [Pulp-list] gevent

You don't know until you try.  Did you submit what you found as an upstream bug for gevent?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason L Connor" <jconnor redhat com>
To: pulp-list redhat com
Sent: Wednesday, June 2, 2010 5:26:03 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [Pulp-list] gevent

Hi All,

While investigating a defect today (juicer not responding to the DELETE
request for a repository), I discovered that gevent was passing requests
to web.py that were malformed with the request method was one of the
following: PUT, DELETE, TRACE, or OPTIONS.

To truly accommodate RESTful APIs, we'll certainly by using DELETE and
quite possibly PUT request. This makes gevent currently unsuitable for
our needs.

I have pushed a wsgi script and an apache config file that allows for
deployment via httpd. I'll be adding them to the rpm and posting
instructions on their deployment shortly.

I do apologize for the time wasted pursuing this avenue. We'll be moving
forward with apache deployment instead of daemon deployment.

--
Jason L Connor
Senior Software Engineer