Re: [Pulp-list] Repo Sync Scheduling

On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 10:44 -0400, Jason Dobies wrote:
> My initial idea on the actual scheduling portion of this was for pulp
> add files to /etc/cron.d and have them call pulptools to trigger the
> sync. The problem I'm running into is that apache doesn't have write
> permissions to it.
>
> It seems like there'd be a pretty common approach for apps using cron.
> Anyone have any ideas?

I've been poking around on this all morning, to no avail.

Looking at the way that cron seems to work, we may need to call the
crontab command directly. Perhaps store the "cron file" in the database
and then run the command: "crontab <file>" and provide the file.

Just a thought.

--
Jason L Connor
Senior Software Engineer