Re: [Pulp-list] Repo Sync Scheduling

On 06/16/2010 01:34 PM, Jason Dobies wrote:

On 06/16/2010 12:52 PM, Jason L Connor wrote:
On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 10:44 -0400, Jason Dobies wrote:
Anyone have any ideas?

Todd Sanders passed this library along.
We should definitely investigate it:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-crontab/

FYI, we talked this through a bit in the chat room.

I'm going to change the cron handling to use a single file instead of
one per repo and use the python crontab library to manipulate it. This
way, during installation we just have to drop the cron.d file out there
and chown it to apache.

I'll start on this tonight and see how it goes.

I like this since the admin will be able to easily look at one file in /etc/cron.d/ to see when the syncs are scheduled and we are reusing the cron infrastructure.

Mike